I have heard the terms counselling, therapy, and psychotherapy. Please explain.

In the field of psychology, essentially all these terms are the same and their use depends on the practitioner who is providing the service. At CHATT Inc., we use the widely accepted terms counselling/counsellor and therapy/therapist. The terms psychotherapy/psychotherapist are controlled and can only be used when referring to a Registered Psychotherapist (RP).

Category: Counselling, Psychotherapy

← Frequently Asked Questions
Posted in

Recent Comments



    • No categories